The Profile page is where a user can edit personal settings
This section contains core info about the user.
- Full name - User's name
- Title - User's title
- Email - The user's email address
- Email, other - optional additional email addresses, comma separated.
- Phone - The user's work phone number
- Cell phone - The user's cell phone number
- Home phone - The user's home phone number
- Created - Date when the user was created
- Modified - Date when the user was last modified
This is where you can change your own password. If you forget your password, you can generate a new one from the logon page. Here, you can change it to something you remember.
Custom user fields
If there are extra custom fields defined for the user, they will be shown here, in different sections. The user custom fields can be set in the account settings.
Date and time settings
These settings control your date/time formats, and their presentation.
- Date format - Choose from several formats in the dropdown. Remember: yyyy = year, MM = month, dd = day. So the 28th of september 2009 in the format 'yyyy-MM-dd' would show as '2009-09-28'.
- Time format - Choose from 24 hour or 12 hour clock.
- Time zone - Select the time zone that you are in, to get correct time.
- First day in week - Choose from Sunday or Monday. this is for handling weeks properly.
- Presentation format - This controls how you will see dates/times in the issue lists in VisionFlow.
- Date - Show time as date. A checkbox allows for seeing both date + time. Example: 2009-08-28 15:20
- Relative - Show time in a manner relative to now, like "3 hours ago".
- "Human friendly" - show dates with text for months, like "28 sept"
- My language choice - Choose your language from the available ones - this will override the account language for you. Select the "..." option to use the account language setting. Note that the language change currently do not affect fields whose names are stored in the database. Names of issue fields, issue types, priorities, severities, project tabs etc are not affected by your chosen language, but remains in the account language.
- Open this project at login: In this dropdown box you can select one project to automatically be opened when you login to VisionFlow.
- Default tab when opening a project - This dropdown determines which tab you will see when you open a project. You can always switch the current tab if you want.
- Default number of rows per page - This is your own default number of rows/issues shown in the tables
- Default view in edit issue - this radio control determines if you see the Edit or Read view when opening an issue. You can always change the current view in the issue page, if you want to.
- Show an icon for issue subscriptions in issue lists - By checking this, you will see a small star icon next to your subscribed issues in the Issues page.
- Show an icon for issue links in issue lists - By checking this, you will see a small link icon on each "issue row" that has a link to another issue. When hovering over the link you will see the linked issues in a "floating window". If you click on the icon the window will be "pinned" and you will be able to click on the linked issue to open it in a new tab.
- Show an icon for issue history in issue lists - By checking this, you will see a small icon on each "issue row" in the Issues page. If you click on the icon the Issue history for that issue will be shown in a new window. Please note that you can have the Issue history window open and click on another "Issue history"-icon to view the Issue history for that issue.
- Show an icon for issue permission in issue lists - By checking this, you will see a lock-icon for issues that has any permission set. Hover over the icon to see the Permission.
- Use tabs in "Edit issue" - By checking this, you will have the different Issue sections, such as Documents, Sub-issues, History, etc in a "tabbed-view".
This section contains some miscellaneous settings
- Show getting started help - Check this to see the 'Getting started' dialog everytime you login.
- Show left navigation panel - Check this to have the left panel visible per default when starting VisionFlow.
- Knowledge base article info should default be: - Radio control to either show or hide the article info section when opening an article. The info section contains information you might not be interested in. You can always show/hide the actual info panel in the article if you want to.
- Personal image - Shows an image of the user, if any. You can easily upload a new image by clicking on the button 'Change image'
- Receive notifications - Check this if you want to get any notifications at all
- Receive push notifications - Check this if you want to get notifications pushed to you. (This needs an activated chat module with its push functionality to work)
- Subscribe to VisionFlow newsletter - Check this if you want to get any email newsletters from us.
- Subscribe to VisionFlow system announcements - Check this if you want to get any email announcements from us, for example about server downtimes or VisionFlow upgrades.
- Billing rate - The user's billing rate if any (The amount of money that can be billed for this user). This can be used in the resource management calculations.
- Cost rate - The user's cost rate if any (The internal cost for the user). This can be used in the resource management calculations.
- Work schedule - Which work schedule the user uses.
- Work hours per week - How many hours the user works per week. This can be used in the resource management calculations.
- More noticable notification (will lock screen) - Enable this to open up a dialog when you receice a new chat message
- Enable sound notification - Enable this to have play a sound when you receive a new chat message
- Set away status - Checking this will allow the system to set your online status to "Away" after a time of inactivity.
- Away status time (minutes) - If the above setting is enabled, this is where you can enter a number to determine how many minutes you can be inactive before your online status changes to "Away"
- Online priority - the priority number for the chat status "Online" in the XMPP protocol.
- Away priority - the priority number for the chat status "Away" in the XMPP protocol
- Busy priority - the priority number for the chat status "Busy" in the XMPP protocol
(Note: the priority numbers are used when you can log in from different clients, and the system needs to know to which instance to send a chat message.
Read more here:http://blog.roobix.net/2010/02/jabber-xmpp-resources-and-priorities.html)
Email ticket system
These settings affect how your replies via the email ticket system will look.
- When replying to a message - you have the option to include or exclude the original text of the replied email.
- Prefix each line with - Each line of included text will be commented with the character set here, for example '>'. If you do not enter a character here, text will be included as is.
- Number of characters per line - How many characters you will allow in the template before line breaks.
- Signature for support email - the signature section will be added to the bottom of your email when replying to a support issue in VisionFlow. There are two tabs in the input box:
- Text format - this is a pure text signature used when you send emails as plain text.
- HTML format - this is a HTML signature that you can use when you send emails as HTML.