Do you want to send recurring report mails on the number of new tasks in the last month?
That is just an example of a regular, repeating report that could interest you.
VisionFlow handles this by using two connected elements:
- Saved Search - This contains a set of search criteria matching the issues you are interested in.
- Search Subscription for the saved search - This is configured to trigger at chosen times, and mailing the search result to selected users.
Example: We want to send reports of all new issues of the type 'Task' over the last month, for project X, Y and Z. Recipients include several users, and this should be mailed every monday at 9:00.
Defining the search, and saving it:
- Open the Search page and manage the search criterions as below:
- Projects - multiselect projects X, Y and Z
- Issue Type - select 'Task'
- Created - select 'Later than or equal to', and in the sub-table that opens up, select either 'Common times: This month', or 'Relative time: 1 month ago'. This should match all issues created after one month ago, up to today --> The last month. Do not use specific dates, as you want the search 'time window' to move over time.
- Sorting - select to your preferences. For example, we could use 'First sort on Priority', and 'Second Sort on Created'.
- Presentation type - select to your liking, for example 'Full content with history included', or 'Grid/table view'.
- Filter name - For example, Last month's tasks
- Filter description - why you want to do this search, or some other info.
- Filter sharing - Set this to all/group if users need to have access to it.
- Click Create Search Filter - click to create it.
You might want to perform a search or two, after saving it, to confirm that the search returns the expected matches.
Creating the search subscription:
- Click on the 'Add a subscription for this search' link - to open the Subscription dialog.
- Start subscription at - Select the start date and time for the subscription, like '1 June 2009 at 9:00', or whatever.
- Repeat - Select Weekly, and in the submenu that opens - select 'Ends: Never', and 'Schedule tasks every 1 week on Monday', using the dropdowns and checkboxes.
- Select users for this subscription - Move users from the box Available users to the box Selected users. You can select users and transfer by clicking on the arrow icons (>> and << moves all users in the box).
- Send empty results - check this if you want to send a mail even if there are no matching issues in the search.
- Click Save - finished!
The selected users should now get a report of the last months new issues every monday.