Since January 2018 Java 8 and Apache Tomcat 8.5 is required for the installed version of VisionFlow. If you don't have these versions of Java and Tomcat you must upgrade by following the steps below:
- Shut down Tomcat 7 and make sure the process is not running
- Uninstall the old version 7 of Java
- Download the new Java, version 8, and install it. You can find it here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Download and install the new version 8.5 of Apache Tomcat, see here: http://tomcat.apache.org
- Make sure that the new Tomcat 8.5 process has the same permissions on the server as the old Tomcat 7 version, i.e. permission to open, read and change files in all common folders
- In the new Tomcat 8 webapps folder, remove the ROOT folder
- Copy everything from your /webapps/ROOT folder in your old Tomcat 7 installation folder to the new Tomcat 8.5 installation /webapps/ folder. Please note that your ROOT folder may be called something else, such as visionflow or visionproject
- If you have made any special configurations in your Tomcat 7 server then make the same configuration changes in your new Tomcat 8.5. For example if you run a tomcat cluster you need to migrate the cluster configuration from the server.xml in your tomcat 7 directory to the new server.xml in your tomcat 8.5 directory. A good idea is to use a text diff/comparison tool to compare configuration files in your tomcat 7 folder to those in your tomcat 8.5 folder to make sure you don't miss anything. You also need to verify that configurations you move from the old tomcat version are still valid for the new tomcat version, you can do that by reading the relevant migration guides on https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html
- We strongly recommend that you increase the memory settings for VisionFlow by following the instructions here...
- Also make sure that the new Tomcat is running on the port that you want, such as port 80 instead of port 8080, see here for more information about how to do this...
- For Tomcat 8 you need to change the context.xml (in tomcat_home/conf). It should start with the root element :
<Context useHttpOnly="false"> instead of <Context>
- If you are using NGINX as proxy server, then also double check the path to Tomcat in the NGINX settings, see here for more information about how to do this...
- Start the new Tomcat 8.5 server and make sure it works.
- Test the core functionality in the system, for example: Open your dashboard, open/edit an issue, create an issue.
- Uninstall the old version of Tomcat and remove old files