This portlet shows important events in your projects in the last two weeks
It is basically a listing of things like new/modified issues, new/modified documents, ordered by time (Most recent first).
- Double click on an issue to open it in its project tab, or right click to open the context menu that offers more functions for the issue.
- Double click on a document to open it the document tab. Clicking on text and HTML files will open them in the edit document page.
Note: If you have activated the Chat module, the events in this portlet will be updated immediately via the XMPP push technique. This saves you from needing to manually refresh the portlet all the time. If you do not have activated the chat module, or if you're not online, the portlet will reload when you return to the dashboard from another page. Please also note delete / remove actions currently not stored in the history in the system.
The list shows items using the columns Change, Description(of issue/document itself + the change), Project, Date (of the change) and Changed by (which user initiated the change).
You can sort on a column by clicking on it. The sort order alternates with every click. Click on the 'down arrow' icon on the column header to open up more options - which columns to show, if issues should be grouped, and on what field.
Events shown in the portlet are color coded as follow (The background colors in the list below are only approximate):
- Orange - A new issue has been created or deleted (more about logging of deleted issues here).
- Yellow - An issue has been modified.
- Dark Green - A document has been created or modified.
- Light Green - A user (system user or contact) has been added or modified.
- Light blue-grey - A forum message has been created or responded to.
- Medium blue - A configuration item (Asset/Product/Service/etc) has been added or modified
- Dark Grey - A contract has been created or modified.
- Light Grey - A company has been created or modified.
- Purple - A project has been created or modified.
- White - A knowledge base article has been created or modified.
- Red - A System message (an error) has been created/logged. - Please note that system messages are only stored 3 months in the system, then they are cleared out
Configuration panel: Open this by clicking on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner of the portlet.
- Selection mode: This controls what mode the portlet runs in. Setting this to 'Show all changes' will indeed show all supported events in the portlet. Choosing 'Show only changes specified below' will activate the changes area below.
- Issue changes: Controls exactly which issue-related events will be shown in the Recent activity portlet. There are many options to choose, from status changes to changed billing amounts. Tailor this to your own needs!
- Document changes: Controls which document-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently only two options - New and changed document.
- Forum changes: Controls which forum-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently only two options - New forum topic, and New forum message.
- Company changes: Controls which company-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and Changed company.
- User changes: Controls which user-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and changed user.
- Contract changes: Controls which contract-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and changed contract.
- Configuration item changes: Controls which configuration item/product-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and changed configuration item.
- Knowledge base entry changes: Controls which KB entry/article-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and changed knowledge base entry.
- Project changes: Controls which project-related events will be shown in the portlet. Currently two options - New and changed project.
- System messages: Controls if system error messages will be shown in the portlet.
Screenshot of configuration dialog:
Filter mode: activate filter mode by clicking on the binocular icon ( ).
You can deactivate the filter mode and clear the filters by clicking on that icon again.
The filter mode allows you to easier find what you want to see in the Recent activity portlet.